Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Day

What a ride it’s been. It’s finally fall – my favorite time of year. Since moving to Illinois, I haven’t been able to enjoy it as much as usual. Here it feels like we go from Indian Summer straight to winter, which doesn’t let me acclimate too well to the incredibly windy, cold and sometimes downright miserable winters we have here. But, for the last week or so, fall as set in, so we decided to reach out and grab the chance to introduce Noah to fall. To pumpkins and pumpkin patches. To hayrides and cooler temps. To sweaters and jackets and hats.

This has always been my favorite time of year. Maybe it’s because I always loved fall nights at high school football games. Or the smell of burning leaves. Or that after months of heat and humidity, I could pull out my jeans and sweaters and be bundled up. And, I wanted to be able to share this with our new family. Check out the pics below!



Next weekend, we’re headed to Iowa so Noah can meet his great-grandparents for the first time. It will be sure to be another great fall weekend with family!

Much love to all,
Mike, Ash, Noah & E!

No comments: