As I sit here on a Sunday night, getting myself prepared for the week ahead, I realized that instead of thinking and worrying about what is to come tomorrow or the next day, I needed to focus my energies on being thankful for this weekend brought. This was, after all, a wonderful weekend. And I had many, many favorite moments, things and happenings...
1. My mom being here for me and Noah.
2. Getting to Skype for the first time with Mike while he was in Belgium.
3. Discovering a new restaurant in Dekalb.
4. Watching my mom's creativity in the bead store.
5. Finding the kids' resale shop and finding some great gently worn treasures for Noah.
6. My sister.
7. Looking around our family room on Friday night and living in the moment.
8. Our girls + Noah shopping day.
9. Getting to bed just a bit earlier.
10. Getting our little guy's 6-month photos (and our first family photos) from our new favorite photographer.
11. Doing the big seasonal switch out of my shoes. (A girl loves her shoes)
12. The unseasonal ladybug that showed up in our house.
13. Mike's arrival home. And the look on Noah's face when he saw his dad.
14. Watching Noah work so very hard at trying to crawl.
15. Planning ahead for our Thanksgiving trip to Muncie. (Which means I won't be stressing out on Wednesday afternoon)
16. My new reed diffuser.
17. An at-home Sunday spa night.
18. Having a few extra minutes to actually read my latest "Real Simple"
19. Looking at the ads in December's "Real Simple" and remembering the excitement and joy I used to feel when I saw an ad I really, really liked. Like I did in college, I was once again inspired to tear out my favorites.
20. Peppermint ice cream. It's finally that time of year.
21. Writing this blog and hoping that I can spend more Sunday evenings thinking about the things that I loved about the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment