So, as I was looking back through my paltry and pathetic posts from this pregnancy, I realized that in our announcement post, I called out some of the new experiences I was going through as a newly preggers woman. I love hearing other people’s experiences and thought I’d just put together a quick run-down of the fun stuff that comes with an almost full-term pregnancy…
1. The Great Battle Of The Thermostat/Ceiling Fan…I’ve always heard that your body temp tends to rise in pregnancy. No joke, it was 32 degrees when I left for work yesterday morning and I got in my car without a coat and turned the air conditioning on. If I could, the A/C would be on in the house. But for poor Mike and Einstein, we’re compromising.
2. Cravings….Something a lot of people don’t understand is that when you’re 9 months pregnant, your stomach is no longer in the shape of a perfect oval/circle. Rather, it’s squished and just about 2” high. Which means for me, I don’t have the capacity to eat everything in sight, or really have the desire to. As for cravings, I’m a regular at Wendy’s for Chicken Nuggets. On a good note, fruit, water and salad are all on my cravings list. Of course, so are the regular chocolate chip cookies that Mike makes.
3. Why, Oh Why Do The Bottoms Of My Feet Hurt So Badly???...This is a total shocker and I can’t explain it.
4. Sleep….Doesn’t happen. Well, it happens for about 2-3 hours a night, then it’s pretty much a lost cause for the rest of the night.
5. Getting Appropriate Treatment At The DMV…So, I got the honor of going to renew our license plates a couple of weeks ago. Just what I wanted…to go and experience the loveliness of the DMV. But wouldn’t you know it, when you’re pregnant, they are actually NICE to you! They got me in and out in minutes and even made small talk. Wow.
6. Feeling Like You’re A Pretty Strong Chick…I’ve come to understand there’s a process to getting to the point where you say, “Whenever the time comes for this baby to arrive, I’m ready.” For me, I went through the Childbirth class and watched the videos and all that, and came away feeling like, “Okay, I can do this.” Then, there were a couple of weeks where I started to doubt myself. But now, I can say that I’m ready and I believe it. And, it’s kind of a cool feeling to get to that point where you feel strong enough to bring another life into this world.
With that, I’m off to walk around the block 25 times tonight to see if I can’t move things along!
Much love to all,
Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment