It’s been entirely too long since our last post, and after reading a friend’s (who felt badly for letting a week go by without posting), I began feeling terrible about it. And, since I’m currently in a hotel room in NYC, paying $15 for 24-hours worth of Internet access, I figured, I should get my moneys worth. So, here goes….
We’ve been up to quite a bit over the last 2 months. My little sister graduated from IU, which was a wonderful event. The entire family was together (something similar to a Brady Bunch type of reunion) and it went wonderfully. There were some tears shed (since it just seemed impossible that my baby sister was old enough to graduate from college) and LOTS of laughs. Mike and I even got to make it a longer weekend, taking Friday off and heading to Indy to visit friends. I got to make a return visit to Y&L to see some dear friends, many with wonderful news to report. And, the weekend ended in the best way possible – with Mike and I headed back to Chicago with a cooler full of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, which you cannot get in Chicago. They headed into the freezer since for some reason, you always seem to want what you can’t have (and that includes Chick-Fil-A…)
Mike and I have broken ground on our very large paver patio in our backyard. It’s been many weeks planning and talking and planning some more and talking some more and visiting Menards to make sure we really liked the pavers. After all, we were going to buy 675 of them. Finally, we just stuck the shovel in the ground and said, “let’s go for it.” So, now, we have a 600 square foot area in our backyard that is perfectly cleared (thanks to a sod cutter, which is one of the world’s best inventions), and we are slowly setting the framework. I’m keeping fingers crossed that we can have it up and ready to stomp all over by Labor Day….
Einstein is loving life, and he’s loving the freedom he gets outside since we spend most of our weekends working outside of the house. He’s been absolutely wonderful – we have gotten to the point where we can just let him outside with us without a leash (and no fence – that will be next summer’s project). He just sits right down with us and hangs out with us like it’s perfectly normal. We always remind ourselves at how lucky we got with him.
Speaking of which, for anyone who follows pop culture, there’s a movie being shot right now called “Marley & Me,” starring Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson. Not completely knowing the storyline, I bought the book and devoured it in less than a week. Much of the book is utterly enjoyable, and reminded me so much of our journey with Einstein and what he brings to our lives. I highly recommend!
I do promise to try and make a better effort at posting! Next up for us – Hawaii in July!
With love from The Big Apple,
Mike, Ash & E!
No comments:
Post a Comment