Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What we've been up to.....

Hello to all of our friends and family! Well, it’s been almost 10 months since Mike, Einstein and I picked up from our place on the westside of Indianapolis and transplanted ourselves into the suburbs of Chicago. And, for each of those 10 months, I have wanted to start a blog to keep in touch with everyone, and it seems like now is a good time to do it!

There’s a long story to where we’ve been in the last 10 months, and there’s a short one….and, we know everyone is time-starved, so we’ll try for the short version….

Mike is doing wonderfully at Nalco, and truly enjoying his job. Every so often, he’ll mention to me this is the place for him to be….a lot of you know Mike and know that one of his favorite pastimes is tinkering….well, that’s pretty much what he gets to do – tinker and make discoveries. It’s a perfect fit for him.

As for me, I’ve never taken the easy route to anything, so let’s just say I’ve taken some detours in the past 10 months and have ended up somewhere I am very happy. I started working with a small marketing firm in July, and am really enjoying what I am doing. It’s a little different than Indy, but I’m open to new things.

Einstein has acclimated well to his new surroundings – he has two long flights of stairs in our townhouse that he runs up and down no less than 15 times per day, and the rest of the time, you can find him asleep or wanting to share whatever Mike and I are eating at the moment. There was one goal Mike and I had when we moved to Chicago though – all for the dog – and, that was to get him a big backyard again. Well….

As of last Friday, Mike and I are homeowners once again! We are tossing out living in limbo, and putting down our roots in Illinois. We found a wonderful house in a nice neighborhood in Dekalb, IL. (And, for all of you who are familiar with the Chicagoland area, you’re probably saying, “Dekalb?? Really? Why??”) Well, we stumbled across it and, as it turns out, Dekalb feels comfortable to us. And, we feel very blessed to have found what we feel is our dream house with just about everything we could ever want, and some breathing room from the crowds. We’re really excited about the move and feeling more settled. Here's a pic of our new house to share...and there will be more to follow!



We hope all is well with everyone, and be sure to check back as we update how things are going as we plant our roots in Illinois!

Much love to all!
Mike, Ash & E!

No comments: